Winter time is just not the season of the year but nature’s call to wrap up with pamper & glamour. We usually browse non-organic solutions for best winter care and ignore the value of natural ingredients. Here are some natural notes to follow this season.
Use natural moisturizing ingredients like honey, avocado, yoghurt, olive and jojoba oils, almond oil, bananas, papaya and aloe Vera. Mix whatever you like together and create a paste. Apply and leave it on the skin for twenty minutes for right hydration.
Drinking enough water cleanse our system from inside and improve the moisture level of the skin. If you need a change from drinking water, you can try little warm water with lemon or fresh fruit juices that will be refreshing and hydrating at the same time.
Body warm up is essential during winter. You needn’t do vigorous exercises. Take a brisk stroll around your local mall, window shop, people watch and give your body and mood a workout you need.
Spread on a deep moisturizing at night, then wear cotton gloves and socks to seal in the moisture until morning.
Use one part of apple cider vinegar for three parts of water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray this natural mist on your face every morning that will avoid breakouts, maintain the pH levels of your skin and remove toxins from your face.
Warm food for healthy winter
- Nothing beats the winter like a hot cup of tea with Tulsi (basil) and ginger.
- One tablespoon of ghee every day can give you good skin and warmth.
- Twist your normal cereal breakfast or warm milk with dry fruits like raisins almonds, walnuts, pistachios and figs.
- Include whole grains like bajra, millet and ragi in your winter diet list.
- Jaggery not only keeps you warm but also improves your digestive system
- Hot vegetable or chicken soup is instant warm solution & can keep your cold far away.
Winter skin care for expecting mothers
Winter pregnancies have a different set of issues for women. Treat your skin with non-toxic products containing natural elements to maintain the lovely pregnancy glow. Apply Aroma treasures no stretch mark oil that contains essential oils of myrrh and carrot seed & pure vegetable oils of wheat germ, avocado and almond. It helps to increase the elasticity of the skin with a possibility of new stretch marks forming, is reduced. Maintain a daily night time routine of moisturizing the belly, hips, and breasts with cocoa and shea butter. Add few drops of jojoba oil to your bath, for complete body nourishment.
- Before sleeping or in your morning routine, take some sugar granules (if available) or use your toothbrush to gently scrub your lips and remove the dry and dead skin.
- Avoid using astringents on your skin in winter since alcohol-based ingredients further dry out your skin.
- Aloe vera gel contains hormones like auxins and gibberellins that have the capacity to reduce skin inflammation and wound healing properties.
- Do not lick your lips this will further dry them out.
- Natural rose water makes good toner or cleanser and is free of chemicals.